If you haven’t gathered already, I am a massive fan of Baileys. I currently go through a bottle a week on average… not sure when this becomes a problem tbf? The mindset of “fuck it, it’s christmas” comes into full swing for me by about 1st of October… so if I can incorporate baileys into any types of food/beverages, just know that I definitely will.
I have seen various recipes floating around, but never took it upon myself to try any out. It wasn’t until I was debating one night whether to have a hot chocolate or a baileys and suddenly thought; why not both?
This recipe is ridiculously easy, and I will be making this for my christmas eve party for all of my family.
Makes 4 mugs of boozy hot chocolate
- 500ml full fat milk
- 100ml baileys (you can use the original, or the flavoured ones!)
- 140ml double cream
- 100g chopped dark chocolate
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- a bowl of grated chocolate
- pour the milk, cream and chocolate into a saucepan and heat gently until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Once piping hot (careful not to burn/boil!) add the baileys into the mixture.
- Top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate syrup
Enjoy! Remember- these contain a high percentage of alcohol, so be mindful if planning on driving etc!