There is literally no better feeling than laying half naked in the sun, cocktail in hand with music blaring. Since I couldn’t go to ibiza this year, I thought I’d bring ibiza to me instead. Sure, The British weather cannot really be likened to the burning hot Ibizan weather, but we gotta use our imagination a bit.
It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for a pornstar martini, it is my go-to cocktail whenever I go out. If I could choose one drink to drink forever, it would be a pornstar martini (…ok maybe that is a bit too far). I was due to go on a bevvy-fuelled day sesh last weekend and obviously that had to be cancelled with the current situation, so I took the matter into my own hands and decided to make my own.
Not gonna lie, I have attempted a pornstar martini many-a time before and I am just really shit at cocktail making in general, so whatever I made, it had to be fool-proof. Every single recipe I found required me to use passoa, but I lost my job 3 weeks ago so I weren’t about to be spending £12 on some passionfruit liquor.
What you need:
- roughly 250ml of Passion fruit juice (I found this down the asian isle- you want to fill up your shaker 3/4 with the juice)
- 3 shots of vodka
- a dash of vanilla extract
- squeeze of a lime
- 2 TBSP passion fruit puree/syrup (I could only find mango&passionfruit but tasted unreal)
- 2 ripe passion fruits halved
- caster sugar
- 1 TSP sugar syrup (you can boil sugar for this but it takes a while)
- cocktail shaker
How to make:
- Fill up your shaker 3/4 with the passion fruit juice
- Add vodka, vanilla extract, lime, puree, sugar syrup and ice into the shaker
- Shake vigourously for around 2-3 minutes
- Take cocktail glasses, tip a bit of passion fruit juice onto a plate – dip the top of the glass into the juice and then dip into sugar so the rim of the glass is coated
- Pour the passion fruit mixture into the cocktail glasses
- Garnish with half of the passion fruit on top
- Serve with a shot of chilled prosecco